I'm a Mormon.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Haircuts

In my opinion, there is something empowering about a haircut. I can't quite put my finger on why I feel so different when I make a drastic change in something as simple as the length of my hair; however, it clearly makes a difference in how I feel about myself.

Today I had about 4 inches cut off my hair. Four inches! In any other medium, four inches does not seem like a lot. But in hair terms, it makes a big difference. I feel lighter, like the four inches of hair weighed 15 pounds. I feel free-er, like the hair was somehow chaining me down. I feel stronger- quite the opposite of poor Samson. It is like I have somehow tamed the wild beast living atop my head. It is now submissive, and controlled. If only I could get the rest of my body to start conforming as easily to my demands. :)

Heather

No comments: