I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well, it's been a while.....

Here I am, making my second post seven months later, wondering where all the time has gone! If only I'd kept a blog, I would know huh?

This weekend has been a great one. We spent Friday July 4th at parades, community events, in the pool and at a fireworks show. Saturday I went out to lunch with a few friends to celebrate a birthday, and then had a family in our ward over for a barbecue and swimming. Today was a wonderful day. We spent the day going to church, fasting as a family for my nephew who will be leaving on a mission to New York City in the fall, and watching old family videos. It was very relaxing.

Tomorrow the work begins again, with quite a bit of housework to catch up on from the weekend, babysitting 3 kids in the afternoon for a friend who just had a baby, and starting to get ready for our trip on Saturday to Rhode Island and New York. The kids are having a TV free week, which I am excited about. I plan on combing a few old family fun magazines early tomorrow morning before they get up so I have a few ideas on hand when they come to me with "Mom, I'm bored!" which I know is inevitable. It usually takes them about two days without TV to forget about it, and stop falling back on it as something to do instead of thinking something BETTER to do. We are talking a lot about good, better, best and I'm hoping this week we will focus a lot more on the better and best summer has to offer!

Heather

1 comment:

Fairbank Family said...

Hey, glad you are back into the blogging world. I love the tv free week. We are tempted to get rid of it all together - mostly because Chris and I watch too much:)